So, how many times have you seen yourself in the mirror and thought, if you could pull off something bold, whimsical & something that breaks you out of your comfort zone? Maybe, you must’ve sighed, pushed in a little “ooh aah hmmm” and then again defenestrated the thought, because you or rather we, are ruled by habits and monotony.
So, after 1.5 years of wait and letting my hair outgrow the previous highlight, i allowed myself the luxury to immerse my locks in some liquid gold.
Here’s how they do the highlighting :
- Make sure your hair is prepped by having washed your hair with a shampoo that’s actually good for your hair. I, love Schwarzkopf’s bonacure Hairtherapy Smooth Shine.
- The stylist/ hairdresser then, checks your scalp & then determines the strength, thickness & length of your hair.
- You then discuss, the kind of blonde you want to be. Yes, there are lots of blondes; from cinnamon blonde to orange blonde & from hazelnut blonde to platinum blonde. Choose wisely!
- They then perform a patch test (if you’ve never coloured before, but I skipped this test as i have coloured my hair before) to determine how your hair will react.
- They then start by mixing the ingredients that are needed for the perfect blonde colour development, into a plastic bowl and add the most important secret that keeps your locks strong. The measured cup of SmartBond! Yes, that gives your hair so much of a life and minimises damage.
- The stylist/hairdresser will then go ahead and part your hair into several partitions and slowly starts applying the mixture on your hair that’s encased by aluminium foils. The aluminium foils serve the purpose of warming the hair and opening up the hair cuticles, so that the colouring happens at a faster rate.
- After the application, your hair is let to warm under the influence of an orbiting hair processor, for a better colour development.
- Hair is then washed with a colour depositing shampoo, to give it a more uniform look.
- Your hair is conditioned with a conditioner apt for your hair type or given a hair mask treatment.
- Last but not the least, your hair is blow dried & styled accordingly.
- I, chose a nice sun kissed caramel blonde and here is a close representation of what it looks like
Tips before going blonde :
- Make sure your hair has been conditioned well, looked after properly and is in its best state.
- Make sure that you do not have any kind of product in your hair, before the session. Oil, hair creams or leave in conditioners are a no no.
- Make sure, you have done a through research on the kind of blonde you want and that you clearly make your stylist understand that. For all that you know, you might want a Honey blonde & you end up with orange blonde.
This intensive hair highlighting treatment happened at “Vurve Signature Salon”, for me.
That’s it peeps! Happy Blonding ❤️❤️