I, had the pleasure to experience a baking Masterclass, by Chef Kimberley Rozario at Academy of Pastry Arts, where we were taught how to create a delightful modern French inspired pastry, “The Berries Vanilla Gateau”. A lot of us dream to bake cakes and pastries but take a step back when you’re faced with the challenge, APAI will make you realise that though it’s a tough job, it’s all about discipline & if you manage to get disciplined about baking, there’s nothing stopping you.
About Academy of Pastry Arts :
The Academy of Pastry, India, has its well established centres in Delhi NCR, Mumbai and Bangalore, run for and by the people who are passionate about Baking and Culinary. Academy of Pastry Arts Malaysia” has the finest Pastry chefs team in entire Asia & Middle East. The Academy is one of the top 10 Pastry schools in the world.
USP Of Academy Of Pastry Arts, India :
•Academy of Pastry Arts follow European trend and the courses are designed on French pastries.
● Best Pastry chefs of the world visit India regularly providing skilled workshops.
● Organized & structural training for Bakers, Pastry chefs, Chocolate, Cake designer and Ice Cream Makers.
● Bridging the gap of Hotel Industry expectations and students level of Expertise by providing a platform for all pastry chefs in the country to learn and share.
● The Academy presents the opportunities to their students to become a part of their professional community and brine the international brands of raw material and equipments to young chefs.
● Academy of Pastry Arts maintains a positive relationship with alumni throughout their career and provides continuing education courses for graduates, professionals and food enthusiasts.
Masterclass with Chef Kimberley:
Chef Kimberley demonstrated the intense techniques & technicalities of baking. She spoke about the science behind the baking and how it is imperative to be alert at all times, when you’re baking.
She started with creating a delicious chocolate almond sponge from scratch, allowing us the liberty to ask questions. Little nuances like using a high quality cocoa powder like “Callebaut” was highlighted.
After the chocolate sponge was set to bake, she went onto create the simple yet complex “Vanilla Mousse”. One of her pro tips was using a strainer after having made the cream, milk & vanilla to reach a boil, as this would result in a homogeneous mixture that would result in better taste & texture.
She then went to make a beautiful berry jelly, where all the concentrates were ready made so that there is uniformity in flavour. She then layered it with the vanilla mousse & Chocolate sponge.
She also spoke about the kind of tools that you will need for baking.
Lastly, she assembled the cake & glazed it with a glaze she had made.
The APAI, have a great team of dedicated professionals who will make sure that your culinary dreams can be achieved. Though, the name is quite upfront about it being a Pastry School, allow me to enlighten you that they also train people in culinary arts.
Please check the website for more details: