“Food brings people together on many different levels. It’s nourishment to the soul and body, it’s truly love”- Giada
So, while i gingerly took a sip of some orange grenadine gala and had my soul satisfied with just the most delicious meal in recent times, i couldn’t help but reiterate the above quote and smile inwardly.
About Housefull :
Housefull, is the new kid on the block with its fare being completely vegetarian and no alcohol is served as well. The restaurant caters to not only the vegetarian folks but to the non vegetarian folks as well, by making you fall in love with vegetarian. It’s a complete family experience, which will hit a home run on the nostalgia factor.
Decor & Ambiance :
The decor, is tastefully done and is power packed to take you back to the past. It has a faux wall made out of cassettes and painted with the iconic Amitabh Bachan’s character from Sholay. The menu is done like a Filmfare, Stardust magazine, with legendary actors on it.
The ambiance instantly relaxes you and gets you anticipating for a great meal ahead.
The hospitality is par excellence, from their staff to Chef Istikhar, who makes it a point to come over and get your feedback after the meal.
The Grub Story :
I’m too full on the experience and loved the way, they have curated their menu and furnished the dishes with a twist. Here were my favourites :
- Mini Dal Pakwan : The crispy puri’s were topped with just the most smooth & palate pleasing mix of Bengal gram & sev.
- Pav Bhaji : By far, this was the most good looking Pav Bhaji, I’ve seen in recent times. Totally Instagram & Pinterest worthy. It tasted as good as it looked. The ladi Pav was a delight to eat with the bhaji.
- Paneer Ghee Roast : Allow me the privilege to tell you, that this was the most melt in the mouth cottage cheese, your money can buy. The Paneer literally had absorbed the mangalorean masala and the heady aroma of the spices intoxicatingly welcomes you. Must have.
- HF samosa : Filled with Cheese, Paneer and potato, this take on the samosa will have you wanting it for a long time after you eat this. Another must have.
- Gulab Jamun Mousse & Oreo Cheesecake duo : The light on the palate dessert was delicious and had me wanting for more. Came replete with some sugar nest to make it even more pretty.
- Masala Chaas: What perfect way to have a hearty meal, save for some masala Chaas on your side? Try their desi masala Chaas to cool you down and give you a desi experience.
Verdict : The restaurant doesn’t restrict your palate, from experiencing ambrosia just because it’s vegetarian rather it opens doors for you to understand how versatile and delicious vegetarian cuisine is.
Rating : ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️/5