” You can’t just eat good food. You’ve got to talk about it too. And you’ve got to talk about it to somebody who understands that kind of food” –Kurt Vonnegut
Ergo, here i am ready to throw in some talk about my experience at Big Pitcher. When you have a plateful of food you like to eat, things just get better. The ambiance, the temperament & the person you’re with start looking better than before.
About Big Pitcher :
Big Pitcher, is spread across 6 floors in the Old Airport Road locale. Being neighbours to The Leela Palace & Mathan, Big Pitcher boasts of its own charm with the eye catching geometrics, welcoming you with purple lights et al. Big Pitcher, spoils you for choice with each floor dedicated to pull in a certain kind of crowd. They are:
- Club Kahuna : Just the place for the millennials or for people who are young at heart. The live pizza kitchen keeps you mesmerised as they dish pizzas out.
- Splitwood : Cowboy, Texas themed restaurant with a Weekend buffet going on. Has hookah as well.
- Sizzling Street : For all your BBQ buffet needs, equipped with an on the table grills.
- Studio 4121: Get your party shoes on, they have a floor dedicated to the jumping bean within you. All while playing the latest tunes.
- Star Lounge : Their rooftop restaurant, replete with candlelight dinner and flowers as accessories to making a great evening.
Ambiance & Decor : As, each floor has a certain theme to it, the decor disparities are seen across floors. While some floors are perfect for a great family meal, some are just the proper ones to get you grooving.
Hospitality : It doesn’t fail to disappoint you with well equipped staff who keep a constant check on you sans the interference.
The Grub Story : I, was here to try out their new menu launch and was pleasantly surprised to see some winners. Here were my favourites:
- Minestrone Soup : Enjoyed the light tanginess of the Soup and the mouthful of macaroni. Just the right way to start a meal.
- Paneer Stir fry : Replete with a juicy sauce, the chunks of Paneer were done well and engulfed with the umami taste.
- Margherita Pizza : Made from the pizza oven, across our table ; the pizza was simple with basil & tomatoes, yet left an impression behind.
- Artichoke & Corn Crepes : The thin crepes has enveloped the corn & the sauce complemented it well. Must try for sure.
Quick look from the Non vegetarian table :
Verdict : The place has something or the other for a every kind of a palate. You are given a choice and you just need to take your pick. Go ahead and get exploring, it’s a magnanimous place to begin with.
Rating : 4.5/5