” Be groovy or leave, man”- Bob Dylan
Keeping that very thought alive, infiltrate yourself with the positive vibes floating about at Lady Baga. While you cosy down and get ready for an experience to jot down in your memory, you feel the floral halo materialise on your head.
About Lady Baga :
Lady Baga, is a beach shack themed restaurant that emphasises the Goan cuisine and it’s speciality. The restaurant, tries to create a shack like experience where the food is fresh and soulful.
Decor & Ambiance : Lady Baga, is divided into 2 floors. The first floor is air conditioned with a little pop up souvenir shop, complete with boho jewellery & beautiful silhouettes. If something catches your fancy, you may always pick it up. The second floor, has all the quirk factor along with a hippy van.
Remember the mystery machine, from Scooby Doo? Well, we’ve got one here. Nostalgia! The ambiance is peppy yet relaxing with extreme quirk prevalent all across.
The service is impeccable, the staff are really pleasant. The wait time is the usual 10-15 minutes and I appreciate the fact that they inform you, if there would be a delay whilst you’re ordering your dish.
The Grub Story :
The food, is primarily Goan and has a few continental dishes as well, which fuse with the menu. Here is what I ordered :
- Virgin Mojito : I, super loved the freshness of the virgin Mojito, it seems to be the only thing I drink. They even customised it for me, by giving a little shot glass filled with ginger syrup as i had requested for it.
- Rissois Verde (₹229/-): The little crescents of happiness, just made my day. This undoubtedly is one of those things, that you just mustn’t miss. Baby crepes stuffed with mint, cilantro, cheese, carrot & corn filling and crusted with panko crumbs.
- Konkan Cutlet (₹210/-): Another one of those crumb fried creations, that’s just filled with deep Goan flavours. A harmonious potato fritter imbibed with Goan masalas.
- Wild Mushroom Vol-au-vent (₹349/-): The flake! Oh my God.. that flake. The vol-au-vent, was just so flaky yet melt in the mouth buttery. Pair that flaky puff with a mix of shiitake, porcini, morel & button mushroom infused with creamy truffle sauce and you have love.
- Root Veg Crepes (₹490/-): Every mouthful of this, was a complex yet simple mix of flavours. The crepes were soft and fluffy filled with root veggies and dunk with truffle sauce tempered with cherry tomatoes, cracked pepper and basil.
- Valrhona Dark Chocolate Fondant (₹295/-): This is just the most sinful thing ever. The chocolate fondant, is made out of Valrhona and is filled with molten & gooey chocolate that just erupts into goodness.
- Vanilla & Saffron Pannacotta (₹250/-): The Vanilla flavour profile is very subtle yet makes an impact & is made with Elle & Vire cream.
Verdict: Lady B, is definitely a place that you must try. The experience is just bang on right, it rates pretty good on the VFM meter as well. I, would highly recommend this restaurant.