“Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication”-Leonardo Da Vinci
This is what we experienced during the “Pizza & Sangria Festival”, hosted by Cafe Mangii at Orion Mall. The sight of piping hot pizzas is bound to get anyone salivating and hungry for one. It’s nothing less than a wonder to see a flatbread with toppings and something that had a humble beginning in Naples, conquer the shores of every country. Pizza is what defines comfort food & there was no way, I wouldn’t be a part of it.
About Cafe Mangii :
Cafe Mangii is one of the those places, which redefines the Italian dining experience. With, just about everything on the menu infused with simplicity, it truly is a pleasure to imbibe yourself here. So let’s “mangiamo”
Decor & Ambiance :
It’s a beautiful rooftop restaurant, which overlooks a serene artificial lake. The whole ambiance is very cheery, yet sophisticated and relaxing. The trattoria kind of a feeling is prevalent here. The chairs and tables are just the perfect backdrop for an Instagram worthy picture.
Again, doesn’t fail to impress me with their courteous and well groomed staff. The service is unhurried and works well for me, because I love lounging around the place.
The Grub Story :
I, had the opportunity to experience the ongoing “Pizza & Sangria Festival”, which is going to wow you up till the 15th December 2017. Here’s what I savoured.
- Quattro Stagnioni Pizza (₹595/-) : A medley of the 4 Italian season veggies, artichokes, Mushroom, courgettes, pimentos, bocconcini & Parmesan Aioli. This hands down, was one of my favourites. The buttery smoothness of those toppings, just melt in your mouth.
- Moroccan Pesto Pizza (₹635/-) : Extremely evident in this pizza was the flavour of quinoa chickpea tabouleh with tomato koftas with the labneh. Delectable! The complexity of the flavours, lay in its simplicity. Sprinklings of zaatar & sumac made this even more irresistible!
- The Local (₹525/-) : Pizza baad topped with Makhani sauce, tempered paneer, Amul Cheese Tandoori Mayo & kanda kachumbar. A very desi twist to it, has the flavours of pickled onions, cut through very subtly, against the masaledaar Paneer. I’m not someone who loves Masala Paneer in her pizza, so this one was a so-so one.
- Que Pasa (₹515/-): Crisp tortilla, refried beans, queso cream cheese, pico de gallo, smoky BBQ squirt & corn kernels. This pizza is really heavy on you, one of the most satisfying & filling pizzas, if you have a thing for tacos & mole sauces.
- French Connection (₹515/-): What an ambrosial treat, with the artfully clever use of harmonious ingredients. Everything about this pizza made me go “Mamma Mia”. The lyonnaise potatoes, thyme cream porcini ragout, baby spinach, caramelised onions, mozzarella and truffle mayo, yes! They were just a match made in.. well kitchen.
- Dark Gems (₹515/-): A delight for all those sweet tooths out there. Pizza with all the gooey goodness. Hear this out.. Peanut butter Glaze, Dark Chocolate Chip Cookie, Nutella fritters & Gems! I know, it’s just jaw dropping and yup, it’s delish for sure!
- Virgin Mojito : If, you’ve noticed my trend of drinking, I’m a huge virgin Mojito fan. So, it wasn’t surprising that I’d ask for one. The flavours are spot on.
Verdict : The Pizza Festival, was a total success. There are quite a lot of vegetarian options, trust me a vegetarian wouldn’t feel left out. It’s on till 15 December, so don’t forget to go and savour some and you will thank me later.
Well deserved 4 star
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️/5 Location : 3rd Floor, Orion Mall, Brigade Gateway.26,1, Dr. Rajkumar Road Ph No : 080-22682213