“The meal is not over when I’m full. The meal is over when I hate myself” – Louis C.K.
And, that’s exactly how I felt, when I walked out of Flechazo. With my legs faltering and my appetite stable, I dragged my two left feet out of the door.
I’m not a huge buffet fan, but my little sister is. Having heard a lot about Flechazo, I decided to give it a try with the family anyway. I mean, what’s there to lose?
About Flechazo :
Flechazo, in simple terms means “Love at first sight or your love interest” in Spanish. They have a mix of both Mediterranean and Asian Cuisine to offer. Hence, the name ” Mediterr-Asian” cuisine. It’s a bungee jumping experience, with so much that catches the eye, you wanna take a dip in everything.
They also break a leg when it’s your special day and start celebrating along with you. “Oo, tera happy birthday, Oo Tera happy birthday. Aaj hogi party”
Decor : The decor is industrial chic, with heavy emphasis on comfort as well. The upholstery is a beautiful palette of neutrals and aqua. The ambience is inevitably cheery. I could do a 100 jumping jacks in here and not get bugged. The lighting also uplifts the place by being not too harsh and not too dim as well. The sofas are layered with plush cushions and that is just great. 👌🏻
Hospitality : One of the best, I daresay. What joy it is, to dine in here. The staff are courteous and on their toes. Have a great, in-depth knowledge of the menu. Special mention to Rajat and Ankush, for hosting us with so much fervour.
The Grub Story : Being a buffet restaurant, there isn’t much that I can go on in details about a dish, because there were so many.
The innovative way the restaurant is designed will also bowl you over. They have a neat pizza section, furnace et al. You get to create your own customised pizza, with the vigilant chef by your side of course! Roll it, top it and push it into the furnace.
A little shaved ice or gola 🍧 counter, where you get to indulge in the childhood favourite.
They also have a rotating counter for dimsums, sushi, prawn shooters and gol guppas. Conveyor belt moves around and keeps getting filled by the chef 👨🍳 Reminds you of the long queues at the airport, but this was one queue, I enjoyed waiting in.
Here were a few favourites from each section.
- Spicy Cajun Pineapple : I love Pineapples!! I’m Patrick.. I live under one 😋😋 This baby was so well grilled and spiced, I just couldn’t stop. The characteristic sweet-sour tone prevailed. The Cajun spices were coated well, could you easily taste the black pepper and paprika.
- Crispy Corn and Spring Roll : One of my favourite. The crispy corn, was such a fantastic thing to mindlessly munch on. Little pearls of spicy corn nibbles just had me going. The cabbage spring rolls were dainty and fair enough.
- Mezzeh Platter with Pita : I love the Mezzeh always. The beauty about it, is that, it always impresses me. This one was no different, with the silky Hummus that stood colossally delish.
- Singaporean fried Mushroom : Where were you? Yes! Red, Succulent, Deep, Spicy, Flavourful and Mushroom. ‘Nuff said, isn’t it.? The Singaporean Mushroom just was one of the best starters I’ve had in a long time. The button mushrooms were just bursting with flavour from the sauce that coated it.
- Paneer Pasanda Tikka : Creamy and grilled just the way, it’s supposed to be. This one, surprised me. Usually, I’m never the one, who would expect a buffet restaurant to dish out soft and juicy cubes of cottage cheese, for the mere thought of volume. But, I dunno how, these guys just presented to us, succulent well marinated and grilled cubes of Paneer. Happy? Oh yes!
- Multani Gosht : This starter was apparently the most appreciated from the lot by the sister and the hubby. The Mutton was soft and coated well with the thick Multani sauce which usually has a mix of garam masala and ripened tomatoes.
- Grilled Cilantro Fish : Quite a mouthful, is as they said. The simplicity of the ingredients made the fish to hero itself.
- Chicken Shawarma : The hubster, just loved it, had no complaints. Said, the juicy character of the chicken stayed intact and the spice levels were spot on.
- Pizza : Mainstream Pizza, is such a passé. Handmade, thin crust and cheesy pizzas are the “IN” thing. Happy was I, to make my own beautiful margherita pizza with generous sprinklings of cheese and Basil. Loved the pizza and the experience.
- Veg Sushi : Back in the days of my predominant Carnivore side, I never had the heart or the gut to devour Non Veg Sushi.. it’s something, i never could get around to. Tuna, Salmon or any meat in my sushi. So I’ve always been a Vegetarian FutoMaki fan. I enjoyed the Maki Roll over here. The beautiful pungency of the wasabi with the cucumber filling, wrapped in a nori. Made my day!! You’d be shelling out as much as you do on the buffet, just for 1 serving of the Makisushi in any other restaurant btw! Lucky you 😍
- Aakha Masoor Dal : Just beautifully done, with minimal spices and no overpowering of any element. Loved it!
- Macarons : Oh! The light pieces of cloud, if I may. They tasted as beautiful as they looked. The crunchy Almond meal circles with sparse yet significant buttercream in the middle, just melted in my mouth.
- Smokin’ Cold : While every buffet offers you ice cream, this one offers to take you to an instant Willy Wonka ice cream factory of sorts. You see liquids turn magically into soft scoops of ice cream. The secret? It’s the introduction of liquid nitrogen into your liquid. Molecular Gastronomy, Watson.. Molecular Gastronomy!! My favourite was the paan ice cream.
Drinks : We loved all our drinks, ordered a pina colada, Virgin Mojito & Figs and berry smoothie. The drinks were packed with the richness of flavour.
Verdict : The presentation, the ambience and the offerings at Flechazo, do stay true to their word and make you fall in love with them.
The restaurant scores high on VFM, for its dime store pricing. Having said that, it gives you the feel of having just dined at a fine dine restaurant as well. So, basically it’s fine dining at non fine dining prices.
To have this kind of multicultural food experience under one roof and walk out happy, is always a pleasure.
No guesses but a well deserved 5 star