Im a confused lady, when the question is about whether I should use Soaps or Shower Gels. With ads popping up on your TV screen every other day, it becomes impossible to remain faithful to one.
Sometimes Soap is all that I need & sometimes it’s those shower gels that make me happy. But, for now, I’m obsessed with “Handmade or Handcrafted Soaps”. I, find myself buying them every other day.
For the past few weeks i’ve been compulsive buying soap bars from ” Azafran Organics” called ” Saffron & Licorice Skin Lightening Soap”, “Neem&Haldi” & ” Rose Geranium”.
Azafran Organics has a very catchy tag line ” Farm to Face”. They are an Ahmedabad based brand where they have their own organic farms that are the source of their products. The products claim to be 85% filled with organic ingredients.
This particular soap bar is my favourite out of the 3 variations.
Let me give you one good reason why you should consider this International organic company. Their “Skin Firming Cream” was voted as the “Best New Organic Product 2015” by the “Beauty Awards”. Oh! And did I mention that the competition was a cut throat one?
The company hasn’t ever compromised on the quality of its products. It’s just organic goodness for you. What’s even better is that their organic ingredients are ECOCERT certified. Now, that’s what I call ” Cruising in style”.
Insight into “Saffron & Licorice Skin lightening Soap” :
Ingredients: Safflower Wax, Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Aqua, Sodium Hydroxide, Licorice Extract, Vetiver Oil, Saffron.
- Firstly, I have no obsession with making my skin WHITER or LIGHTER 😂 . I bought this for the exotic medley of saffron & Licorice. I was just so curious about it.
- Secondly, the bar is just a piece of nostalgia. This smells of red earth on a rainy day. I mean, come on now people… Who wouldn’t want that? I, could just smell this for hours.
- Thirdly, it claims to be highly moisturising. Which it is, when I used this as a bathing aid. But, when I used it as facewash substitute, it stripped my skin off any moisture that was present. Now, after i say that, I must tell you this that my skin is the Sahara Desert these days. Dry as hell! It worked wonderfully for others, the little sister, mum & a friend. Btw.. We had individual bars, all of us didn’t use the same bar. 😂
- Fourthly… Ok! Now that sounds dumb.. I’m skipping the numerics after this 😁 It says that it’s a whitening bar. I dunno about whitening, but it surely made my skin even & clean.
- The bar lasts for 9 days if you’re gonna be using this twice a day for the face. It lasts 4-5 days if you’re gonna be using this as a bathing aid. So, it doesn’t really last for a long while.
- It’s handcrafted, so you can expect minor differences in each bar shape.
- It’s priced at Rs.105/- which is a tad bit higher than normal soaps, but you need to appreciate the quality stringency. When I think of the quality, I totally think that it’s a reasonable pricing.
- All ingredients are ECOCERT & are organic. What we need to understand is that there is a difference between Organic & Herbal. Where herbal means just about any herb, organic is a more stringent process of choosing that herb. It must be devoid of any pesticides & chemicals to be ECOCERT certified as Organic. That’s purity at its best for you.
Verdict: A total recommend and a must have for everyone concerned about the excessive use of parabens and sulfates in their products. It’s time to turn the clock backwards.