Mushrooms. I’ve always been fascinated by them. Every time I get mushrooms home,I’m staring in awe at their hyphae,gills & structure. It’s like one of those architectural marvels in Seoul. So sophisticated.
Apart from being super versatile, mushrooms are one of the natural occurring sources of the “Selenium”. Ok! I don’t intend to drag this into a scientific or a dietary topic. You got the whole net thing going on for that. 😁😁
I’ve always loved playing up with ingredients. And,I can probably tell this proudly..quite alot of them have found their way into the trashbin. 😦😦 breather please *so,she expects us to try her recipe?Doofus Loofus*
Ahem.. No I’m serious. This one is just so super easy and delicious,that I couldn’t stop myself from not sharing. I fused typical South Indian elements with oriental elements and the result pleasantly surprised me y’all. 👍🏻
- Mushrooms – 300 gms
- Oyster Sauce – 2 tbsp
- Dark Soy Sauce – 4 tsp
- Sriracha paste/Sambal paste/Red chilli paste: 2 tsp
- Vinegar – 2 tsp
- Water- 200 mls
- Sugar – 2 tsp
- Sesame oil – 1 tbsp
- Fried onion powder – 1 tsp (optional)
- Curry leaves – about 25 leaves or more.
- Red chillies whole – 2
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Garlic cloves minced – 12
- Ginger minced – about a quarter a cup.
- Onion sliced – 1
- Green chillies whole – 2 ( optional)
- Salt & pepper – as per taste
- Plunge the mushrooms in rolling boil water,for about 10 minutes. Remove them and keep aside.
- In a mixing bowl,add all the wet ingredients with the sugar. Whisk them well. Adjust the salt level.
- In another pan, heat the sesame oil and add mustard seeds. Wait till they splutter.
- Add the whole red chillies and fry till they are dark. Discard them if necessary.
- Add the minced garlic cloves and wait till they blush a nice golden.
- Add the sliced onion and let it turn translucent.
- Add fried onion powder & stir.
- Now add half of the curry leaves and reserve the other half for later. Keep stirring this mixture.
- Add the whisked sauces and let it thicken up for a few minutes.
- Add the boiled mushrooms,stir &let them soak the sauce up.
- Add the pepper at the last.
- Garnish with green chillies and curry leaves.