Ok guys… I lost a whopping 5 kilos in the last 3 months,and I’m not interested in finding them again. This is one thing I’d absolutely love to abandon.. The pounds,ounces and kilos. They sound so dreaded,almost like a bag full of leaping froggies and toads. Not the ” Kermit” kinds,but the ugly puddle and pond toads kinds. On the contrary, they aren’t even half as scary as the extra pounds.What I dread are the airports… I’m always dreading them because,I might end up paying for extra baggage on myself. 😂😂😂
” Hey you!! Yeah you.. Stop rolling your eyes please. Thank you” 😳😳
Back to the point… I’ve discovered, the most foolproof plan to lose weight at the drop of the hat.. Well fedoras and hamburgs and berets also count. I noticed that I just needed a few things and a strict disciplinary measure,to keep myself motivated and in the loop. By the end of 3 months,I found myself to be 5 kilos lighter.
Here’s a list of all that you really ever need,in your weight loss journey:
- A Yoga mat
- A stability physio ball
- A pair of plastic Dumbbells
- A jump rope
Trust me when I say this.. this is all that I bought for myself to lose some weight and not peace of my mind.
I’m going to explain each use of the above equipments in detail. So please snuggle back and relax,while I give you the wisdom of the millennials.
- The Yoga Mat : This was the first and the most foremost investment I did. Well actually,I bought all those things together at one go. But,my eyes fell on the yoga mat first. I know how important the yoga mat is, it’s your personal space while working out,giving you the cushiony feel while you exercise. I used to start with lying down on my back straight. Make sure that you meditate before the exercise. Just 5 minutes.. Think of how you would see yourself in a year from now& all such motivational thoughts. I,in particular would do it for 2 minutes and then find my son jumping on my stomach playing horsey… ” DUDE.. ARHAM, MOMMY IS IN A TRANSITIONAL PHASE.. She’s becoming beautiful” but the nagging would continue and I’d leave it at 2 minutes and progress to the next one. Who needs meditation anyways??
- Stability Physio Ball: One of the most versatile equipments and a must have for home gyms. Even if you don’t wanna invest much,the stability ball doubles up as an all round core training aid. Targeted at all chest,abdominal and spine muscles,this is the most inexpensive way to get fit..
Start with standing straight.. And with a straight back seat yourself on the ball squatting,then…. **PLONK!! **
“ARHAAAAM, MOMMY IS EXERCISING.. THIS ISNT FOOTBALL” Sees her LO playing with it and after a lot of ” It’s mine” monologue, gives in and passes on the ball to the LO.. Stability balls are ok.. Dumbbells are the real deal.
- The plastic dumbbell: Errr… I’m glad you’re still sticking around for more. This is the real place where you tone up and lose weight. Buy some suitable weight Dumbbells, they are gonna be your best friends in your journey.
Legs shoulder width apart, slightly curve your back and pick the Dumbbells off the floor,without bending your knees. Now,slowly lift them to your….. * OUCCCCHHH!! * Arham finds mommy funny and throws a dumbbell at her feet. The dumbbell stubs her toe. Prancing like the mad hatter, mommy cries..
Limping, mommy thinks about the benefits of the jump rope.
- Lastly, the Jump rope: Don’t be fooled at the inexpensiveness of the jump rope. Let me tell you that the jump rope is an exquisite piece of an equipment. It buttonholes your weight and demands it to vacate your body. Targeted at a complete body workout,jump rope is the best thing ever. Period.
Hold the rope in your hands and start skipping at every round of rope. You need to do at least a 50.
This is how you do it,…..
After round 13… Arham tries joining in, and Mommy trips & is a mess.
LO holds the rope and starts a ” Tug-o-war” with mommy. 15 minutes later,after all the jumping and snatching and shouting… Arham gives the jumping rope. Mommy folds it neatly,packs into the box and stares…
Mommy feels letdown.. Maybe,home gymming isn’t my thing.
You see,it’s only after all this I realised that my weight was dropping,not because of the fancy-shmancy stuffs,but because of the maintenance that comes along with a baby in his ” TERRIBLE TWO’s”. The Running,the yelling,the playing,the picking up of toys and picking the LO up,the tantrums,the cooking,the random night bawlings,the invasive sleep periods,the showers,the bath soaks,the activity times and getting ready for activity times. Well,you see.. That’s how I lost weight,by being a “Mom” and also with some cups of green tea.
As for the purchases I made… The yoga mat is LO’s play mat,the stability ball is LO’s substitute for football,the Dumbbells have a better use now as paperweights and the jump rope??? Why it’s a makeshift fastener for the huge carton filled with books.
There isn’t any job as strenuous and as daunting as that of a mother. I,have domestic help and my mum to help me out. I only wonder in awe,how mummy raised us all on her own in a country that wasn’t hers.
She was ever so fearless and made sure we had the best.. Dear mummy.. I love you,I love you for all those nights I kept you awake and for all those days I kept you busy.
So,for all of you wanting to lose weight.. Get a baby.. That’s the secret,the foolproof plan😁😁
P.s: I do not advocate unhealthy lifestyles or discourage exercise,all this post says is the weight I lost wasn’t due to the traditional gymming but due to exercise in the form of chores.